Image 116 of 987
< Prev Next >
Pictured: Jaydee-Lee Dummett<br />
Re: A quick thinking seven-year old has saved the lives of her family after putting her gas safety knowledge to good use and spotting the deathly signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.<br />
Fochriw Primary’s Jaydee-Lee Dummett reeled off the gas emergency telephone number to her panicked mother, Lindy, after her brother woke in the middle of the night disorientated and seeing things. It was Jaydee-Lee who then quickly spotted the carbon monoxide detector alarm had turned from its usual green colour to red and instructed her mum to ring for help immediately.<br />
Jaydee-Lee’s mum, Lindy Burke, explains:<br />
“A few weeks previous Jaydee-Lee had come home from school full of beans after being visited by the team from Wales & West Utilities who delivered a gas safety session. Looking back, without this lesson I genuinely don’t think we’d still be alive.<br />
“After seeing her brother so confused, Jaydee-Lee quickly looked for other tell-tale signs of carbon monoxide poisoning and then, like it was second nature, she reeled off the gas emergency number – 0800 111 999 – I couldn’t believe it!”<br />
Engineers from Wales & West Utilities quickly attended the family home and turned off the gas supply and made it safe, whilst Jaydee-Lee made a further impression on the engineers with her knowledge.<br />
Sean Ward, a Wales & West Utilities emergency engineer, attended the family home and said“The quick-thinking actions of Jaydee-Lee have saved her family’s lives and she should be commended. From speaking to her that night it was clear that she took in such a lot of vital information from the gas safety session which is fantastic!<br />
“Every year we make approximately 4,000 visits to properties where we find evidence of carbon monoxide.  It’s important for people to realise that this is a poisonous gas that doesn’t smell, has no taste and can’t be seen - but it kills 50 people in the UK every year and leaves a further 200 seriously ill.<br />
“Jaydee-Lee sh
Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Pictured: Jaydee-Lee Dummett
Re: A quick thinking seven-year old has saved the lives of her family after putting her gas safety knowledge to good use and spotting the deathly signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Fochriw Primary’s Jaydee-Lee Dummett reeled off the gas emergency telephone number to her panicked mother, Lindy, after her brother woke in the middle of the night disorientated and seeing things. It was Jaydee-Lee who then quickly spotted the carbon monoxide detector...
more »

Copyright 2019 © Website Design by United Studios